New content [May 2011]
The latest release of Archive Finder sees the addition of over 2,000 new collection records and 35 new repository records from the National Inventory of Documentary Sources, plus various corrections, updates and submissions as reported by contributing archives since the last update.
New content [February 2010]
The latest release of Archive Finder sees the addition of over 18,000 new collection records and 63 new repository records from the National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (NUCMC), plus various corrections, updates and submissions as reported by contributing archives since the last update.
New name and International content [July 2008]
The latest release of the newly renamed Archive Finder sees the addition of International content with the inclusion of the cumulative index to the National Inventory of Documentary Sources in the UK and Ireland (NIDS UK/Ireland), previously available on CD-ROM.
NIDS UK/Ireland is a major reference work that reproduces on microfiche the finding aids to archive and manuscript collections in libraries and record offices, museums and private collections throughout the UK and Ireland. Combined with the collections and repositories from ArchivesUSA, researchers are now able to explore the holdings of thousands of archives across the United States, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. More information is available in About Archive Finder.
New interface [January 2008]
The latest release of ArchivesUSA provides numerous corrections and updates to the data. The database has also been given a brand new interface. Included among the many new features now available are:
- A new option to search or browse the Index terms assigned to each collection on the
Collections search screen.
- A clear option to limit searches to all records, NIDS records only, NUCMC records only,
or Submitted records only.
- The ability to sort searches alphabetically by collection or repository name, or chronologically
from each Search screen.
- Improvements to the display of and navigation between results. Records may be marked and kept in a
Marked List for the duration of the session, and searches combined in a session only Search History.
Users may also create their own password protected My Archive and store relevant searches, as well
as selected records from collections and repositories.
- Extensive hyperlinks from within Collection and Repository records that make navigation between
different types of information, and finding similar results, much easier for the user.
- A new online submission form that allows archivists to more easily submit new information or
corrections directly through the website.
- A new password protected Administrators' area that contains details of usage stats, customization options, and details of the Z39.50 implementation.